Obesity is considered is a serious global health problem. The struggle to lose body fat and excess weight through exercise or dieting has led to alternative treatment techniques such as liposuction, fat dissolving injection, and abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). Liposuction in Korea has become a popular procedure not only for getting rid of excess fat but also a body contouring purposes.
Liposuction surgery is supposed to give you that beautiful bodyline and shape by removing stubborn fats from all the body parts. It is proven to be an effective and quick solution to get back in shape and avoid other health risks associated with obesity.
Potentially, liposuction surgery can be applied to different parts of the body, either to lose weight or reduce the fat accumulated in certain parts of the body.
Table of Contents
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a surgical procedure used to suck out subcutaneous fats from the unwanted parts of the body. The process is accomplished by inserting a tube or cannula into the body part through small incisions. A suction pump is then inserted to draw out these molds of fat.
Most common areas for liposuction surgery are; lower and upper abdomen, hips, buttocks, thighs, arms, under chins, armpit, and calves.
Why Do You Have To Get Liposuction Surgery in Korea
Liposuction in Korea is performed by top-notch plastic surgeons at affordable cost, compared to other countries. Body contouring in Korea is safe and performed by certified clinicians and authorized health facilities. They also use advanced medical equipment for these procedures and have recorded successful cases with both international and local patients.
These factors, coupled with high medical standards within the Korean health system should assuage any fears you may have.
Have you tried any means to lose those body fats, or get rid of the flabby and saggy stomach or considering body contouring regime? Here’s what you have to know before taking the necessary action.
Difference Between Liposuction and Fat Dissolving Injection
It is important to know the differences between these two procedures before you decide.
1. Liposuction is a fat removal procedure using a cannula and negative pressure to suck out fat whereas Fat-dissolving injection involves injecting fat-dissolving substances that break down fat in fat cells and releases it.
2. Liposuction removes the fat cell itself and reduces the fat cell count. However, Fat-dissolving injection procedure only reduces the size of fat cells.
3. Liposuction is a complicated procedure as it can lead to long recovery periods and side effects compared to Fat-dissolving injection.
4. Consequently, the effect of liposuction comes with lesser yo-yo effect compared to Fat-dissolving injection.
Important factors for Successful Liposuction in Korea
Note that the procedure is not suitable for everyone. However, these candidates may be appropriate for liposuction surgery;
a. Loosed skin after pregnancy and giving birth
b. Saggy skin in the lower abdomen
c. Flabby skin left after weight loss
d. Weight gain that had led to increased fat deposits in unwanted body parts
e. The deformed body shape that requires sculpting body contouring
First of all, the doctor will have to diagnose the body accurately – and determine the distribution of body-fat ratio in areas such as the arm, abdomen, thigh, and calf.
Additionally, the presence of an anesthesiologist is very a necessary checklist for safe surgery. They play a major role in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the operation.
The Reason Why Liposuction in Korea Price is Low
Liposuction has become very popular in Korea, just like double eyelids surgery, botox and rhinoplasty as the results are evidently quick.
The increased demand from native and international patients has made it very affordable and most opted surgery. More hospitals are also offering this service, so the increased competition has had the effect of lowering the price of liposuction. However, prices may differ from hospitals, the type of procedure and the kind of surgeons.
Process of Liposuction and Body Contouring in Korea
1. Anesthesia is carefully administered while a tumescent fluid is injected.
2. A small incision of about 3~5mm is performed at the treatment area (in some cases, before incising the skin, a fat-dissolving laser is used to examine the surgery area. The fat is made smooth before liposuction)
3. The cannula is inserted into the layer of the fat under the skin to suck it out.
4. Proper suturing of the incision is done after the required fat is sucked out. Minimal bleeding and scarring are all that you will experience.
Liposuction Trend and Cost in Korea
Face Liposuction in Korea
Just like the demand for V-line and other facial cosmetic procedures, face liposuction is billowing in Korea. Double chin improvement and jawline fat are some of the procedures being done. Moreso, the fat-removed spot is filled with collagen fibers, which improves skin elasticity. Meanwhile, the effect of lifting is expected to naturally shrink the size of the face.
Arm Liposuction in Korea
The arms seem to be a priority and satisfactory area for most liposuction procedures. Fat removed through arm liposuction is less than other parts of the body, hence the recovery is faster with less swelling. Even though weight gain is likely to occur due to poor management, the arms often maintain the slimline.
Mini Liposuction in Korea
Mini liposuction, which is quite popular these days, is a procedure of extracting fat cells using syringes. It is good for removing small pockets of fat from the body. If you’ve had a fat-dissolving injection because of the strain of liposuction surgery which was unsuccessful, Mini Liposuction could be an alternative.
Mini Liposuction in Korea Cost
VASER Liposuction in Korea
It is a type of ultrasound liposuction that melts fat with ultrasonic waves and then using a cannula and negative pressure to suck out the fat. VASER equipment effectively removes the fat at the surface and deep region, revealing the muscles’ lines clearly. It is usually used for Six pack surgery as it has the advantage of not causing damage to other tissues.
Liposuction in Korea Anesthesia
Liposuction operation can be performed under local or general anesthesia.
Moreover, it also depends on the area of treatment and the amount of fat to be suctioned. Usually, about 2 hours is required to perform the procedure on the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs. Other small areas such as face and ear can take about an hour.
Liposuction in Korea Recovery Steps
1. Half a day of hospitalization is enough for total liposuction process.
2. Daily life is also possible except for shower from the day after surgery.
3. Bruise or swelling can be recovered in a couple of weeks, same as stitches removal.
4. Compression garments should be worn within the first 3 months after the procedure.
Liposuction Surgery in Korea Before & After
Liposuction procedure requires comprehensive consultation with a specialist to determine a safe process. Let us know about your needs by reaching out to expert surgeons in Jivaka’s database.